Friday, January 27, 2012

What we do is sooo loud, people don't hear what we say

This is another topic I really like to talk about but have postponed and postponed... yes, I'm guilty of procrastination :-)


I know of a few very "advanced spiritual" people who... well... I like to jokingly call it "chasing Rimpoches". Not meant in any bad taste of course :-)


But somehow... I don't know... because they themselves are very advanced (they are also powerful magicians), they seem to also expect the Rimpoches to give them "special treatment". And when they don't get that "special treatment", they get pissed off and, well, I heard they have even dismissed some Rimpoches as "not high enough". I can't verify this claim of course. What I also heard is that they also get pissed when Rimpoches do not teach them certain spiritual techniques or higher techniques that they seek.


Well... I'm a layman. But that kind of attitude is akin to Aesop's "the fox and the grapes" don't you think so?


To me, as you go higher, you should be more humble. This applies to all aspect of life. Even wealth and success. Truly successful people are people who are humble. They may demand the best quality but they do not forget their humility. Same applies to spirituality. The higher the Guru, the more humble he/she is.


In my humble opinion, the obvious lesson they have to learn is humility. When they finally learn that, that's when the higher teachings open up for them. Otherwise, it will remain hidden from them and in some cases, it may even be a case of "so near yet so far" i.e. you can see it, you know it is there, but you just can't get access to it. That is like the ultimate whatever you want to call it. [sigh].


And the thing is this... everyone around them is watching them. So on one hand they may preach certain philosophy but on the other hand, their actions are not congruent with what they preach. People will eventually have questions... [sigh]


Just my two cents


No comments:

Post a Comment